My name is Jessica and I coach awesome women to move past the bullsh*t in their minds and tune in to their inner wisdom so they can be their most awesome, weird selves.
What do you think will happen when you aren't ruled by the voice of self-doubt and hesitation? When you can confidently share your ideas and the value you provide with others? When you don't have to kill yourself to be everything to everyone and get dinner on the table?
I'll tell you what happens. Life becomes enjoyable. Life becomes easy. It even becomes fun!
And - bonus - you have the energy and the confidence to create what you want to create - with your best ideas possible. When you become aligned internally and build trust in yourself, things just naturally start to go your way. It feels like you've won the game. Even when you get dealt shit cards because you know it's only temporary, you know you can turn it around, and you can see the opportunities everywhere. It kind of rocks.
You become resilient.
How do I know all this? I've lived it, I've learned it, and I've felt it… deeply.
Not all that long ago, I was in the wrong career that was draining my batteries, I was in an unhealthy relationship that was filling me with negativity, I was emotionally unstable with frequent anxiety attacks and frustrated tears when I couldn't communicate (or even understand) what I wanted, I felt like I wasn't myself, I was living a robotic life, I felt like I had no friends, I was using substances when I came home from work to take my mind off of how unhappy I was, and to put the icing on the cake, I was fired from the skating team I was coaching - which was my absolute favourite thing about my life at the time. This was my rock bottom.
This was my turning point.
This was when I started to become intentional. The curator of my life.
I looked around began asking myself questions.How did I get here? What was I like before all this? What kind of life do I actually want to live? What kind of person do I want to be? What kind of people do I want to have in my life? What brings me joy, laughter and fun and how can I have more of that? And what am I going to do about it?!
That little spark ignited a great journey of self discovery, relationship building, career finding, and learning how to create the life I want, feel the way I want to feel, and do my best work to help others do the same.
Through years of meditation, coaching, journaling, tackling challenges and paying really close attention to what my body and my mind were telling me, I started to feel like myself again. Like the wild child I was when I was a little girl who would eat dandelions to make her friends laugh and loved the feeling of hanging upside down on the monkey bars.
Once I found myself, I learned to love myself, and once I loved myself, I learned to heal my past wounds, and once I was healed, I was ready to make my biggest impact in the lives of others.
I'm still a work in progress - as we all are - but I can actually see and appreciate that progress now.
I am running a business that I'm psyched about. I feel on fire when I am doing the work that is aligned with me (like coaching, speaking, and teaching). I am out skating for pleasure at least once a week. And I'm in the most loving, supportive relationship that gives me all the space I need to be me.
I want this for you. I want you to hum a happy little tune as you plant flowers in your garden in the morning, and love going to work everyday, and love your evenings and weekends just as much. Where you go on vacations not to escape your life but to explore and expand.
I can teach you how to pay attention, how to pick healthier thoughts, how to create the life you want to live. Whether that is the business you want to run, the adventures you want to go on, or the experiences you want to have. I can coach you to find fulfillment, peace and joy in your life.
All you have to do is Turn Yourself Up and listen to what you hear.
Apply for your free discovery session to explore what your life could look like with a little intention, a dash of bravery and a shift of perspective.
Still wondering if I'm legit?
Here's some other experiences that helped turn me into the perfect coach for you:
- World class Life and Executive Coach Training from a world renowned institute.
- Actively working towards my International Coach Federation Certification
- Figure Skating Coaching since 2009 - I've worked with some 500 skaters altogether when it comes to all the teams, individuals and learn to skate programs I've done.
- Competed at nationals as a synchronized skater five times and coached teams to nationals three times.
- Numerous years of social anxiety, that allowed me to develop fantastic deep listening abilities to hear what people want (even if they're not saying it) - which is fabulous for coaching. (Plus I've coached myself out of that anxiety too).
- In a former life as a software developer, I was scouted by google and flown to Silicon Valley for an interview - something I like to remind myself about from time to time.
- My former employer let me create my (at the time) dream position at the company instead of accepting my resignation.
- Established the Winnipeg Chapter of Ladies Learning Code to help empower women through learning technology.
- Demonstrated track record of being extraordinarily helpful, wise beyond my years, and down right awesome... just saying.